ARTCLE: Internet Addiction SIGNS, SYMPTOMS, TREATMENT, AND SELF-HELP (SOURCE: HELPGUIDE.ORG)
Internet addiction disorder (IAD), or, more broadly, Internet overuse, problematic computer use or pathological computer use, is excessive computer use that interferes with daily life.READ MORE: SOURCE: WIKIPEDIA
Problem Internet use is characterized by a difficulty to limit time spent online. Some of the more commonly recognized Internet problems are online gambling, porn addiction and online shopping. eBay addiction is a recognized addiction as more and more people find themselves hooked. Pathological Internet use can be defined as persistent and recurrent maladaptive behavior meeting the following criteria:
1. Obsessing. You have frequent thoughts about the Internet – past experiences, future experiences and fantasies about being online.
2. Tolerance. You need to be online more frequently.
3. Withdrawal. Your mood is effected by attempts to stop or reduce Internet use.
4. Escape. Surf to improve mood or escape problems.
5. Staying online longer than intended..
6. Lying. Lies to hide his or her Internet use.
7. Loss of control. Unsuccessful attempts to reduce Internet use..
8. Spending time online despite risking or losing a relationship, job, or other significant opportunity.READ MORE: INTERNET ADDICTION GUIDE.COM