WHAT IS CHILD LABOUR? READ ARTICLE (SOURCE:ANTISLAVERY.ORG)
CHILD LABOUR PRESENTATIONS (SOURCE: socialstudies.pppst.com)
Industrial Revolution child ( ppt PRESENTATION)
READ MORE akvablog.wordpress.com
PHOTOS OLDER RELATED POST
WATCH VIDEO (SOURCE: The International Labour Office’s Video on CHILD LABOUR)
15 Questions About Child Labour
SOURCE READ ARTICLE:Child Labor’s Complexity
To ILO (International Labour Organisation) ……hazardous work is:
- work that exposes children to physical, emotional or sexual abuse;
- work underground, under water, at dangerous heights or in confined spaces;
- work with dangerous machinery, equipment and tools, or that involves the manual handling or transport of heavy loads;
- work in an unhealthy environment, which may, for example, expose children to hazardous substances, agents or processes or to temperatures, noise levels, or vibrations damaging to their health;
- work under particularly difficult conditions such as work for long hours or during the night or work that does not allow for the possibility of returning home each day
OTHER RELATED POST 1: Poetry (Child labour):The Chimney Sweeper, by William Blake
OLDER RELATED POST 2: CHILD LABOUR PHOTOS
OLDER RELATED POST 3: STREET CHILDREN
I just wanted to congratulate you on your blog. It’s by far one of the best blogs for teachers I’ve come across. You are putting life and soul into it and all the hard work behind its pages is evident, especially for those of us who are also trying to have a blog which can be both useful for teachers and which can raise awareness about social issues.
Thank you Corina for your encouraging words. It’s relatively a new blog and comments like yours help me keep going. Your blog is very informative and sensitive too.
Thanks for the blog – lots of very provocative and inspiring links. I’ve been trying to come up with a logical lexical set which could be linked to contemporary child labour / slavery which could be interesting for teenage ELT students at a B1 level but can’t come up with anything. Any ideas, anyone?
Thank you for commenting on my post. I would like to help if I can but you have to explain more what you mean by ‘ logical lexical set ‘ about child labour.
I wasn’t very clear, was I? Rather than “logical” I meant “clear” I suppose, The first lexical set that stands out is “jobs and professions”, but I was wondering if you had used any others.
Best wishes and thanks for answering,so quickly,
Hi Chris, if I understand correctly, you’re looking for a list of professions related to child labour.
One link is the following http://www.oshc.dole.gov.ph/330/
and also this one http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_kind_of_jobs_do_child_labor_kids_have, Best Wishes,Anna